Home » Auto Insurance in Glen Arbor, Michigan

Auto Insurance in Glen Arbor, Michigan

Auto insurance may help provide financial protection in the event of a damage or injury-causing accident or incident. Contact DeVette & Ford Insurance Agency to understand car insurance prices and get customized quotes.

How Does Auto Insurance Work

When you purchase auto insurance, you agree to pay a premium and the insurance company agrees to cover the cost of damages up to a certain amount according to the policy’s terms.

Auto insurance can cover several types of damages, including damage to your car, medical expenses, and your legal liability for third-party damages. The amount of coverage you have will depend on the type of policies and endorsements you choose.

What Auto Insurance Is Required by Law in Michigan

In Michigan, which is a no-fault state, drivers are required by law to carry minimum amounts of the following coverages:

  • Personal injury protection (PIP) may help pay for medical costs, lost wages and other related expenses for the driver and their passengers up to the policy’s limits in the event of an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
  • Property protection (PPI) coverage may help pay for damage to other people’s property, such as buildings, fences and other vehicles, up to the policy’s limits.
  • Bodily injury and property damage liability coverage may help cover your legal liability for third-party damages and your legal defense costs.

How Auto Insurance Deductibles Work

A deductible is the amount you agree to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in. So, if you have a $500 deductible and your car is damaged in an accident that will cost $1,500 to repair, you will pay the first $500 and your insurance company will cover the remaining $1,000.

Choosing a higher deductible can help lower your premium, but it also means you pay more out of pocket if you are in an accident. Your agent can help determine an appropriate deductible for your situation.

How Auto Insurance Claims Work

Call your insurance company after an accident to open a claim. The claims process will vary based on whether you’re filing a liability or property damage claim. Generally, if it’s a property damage or loss claim, they will ask for details about the accident and any damages. Your insurance company will then send an adjuster to assess the damage or ask you to get an estimate from a repair shop. If you have a deductible, you will pay that amount before your insurance company covers the remaining damages. Liability claims are handled differently. Talk to your insurance agent today to learn more.

Contact Us

Contact DeVette & Ford Insurance Agency in Glen Arbor, Michigan, to learn more about car insurance discounts and compare car insurance quotes.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

©2023. All rights reserved. | Powered by Zywave Websites